Acrylic nails have grown into a huge fashion trend within the last few years, thanks to stars like Cardi B and her bedazzled fingertips.
In saying that, we know how time-consuming it can be to visit a salon to get your perfectly manicured hands looking amazing with acrylics, which is where our KISS acrylic nail collection can help. We’ve made our range of acrylic nails easy to apply and long-lasting; plus with various colours and styles to choose from, you can select and self-apply a set of gorgeous nails for any special occasion.
If you’re new to self-applying acrylic nails at home or have never tried our range of KISS acrylic nails, then our guide will help you learn exactly how to care, apply and flaunt your new set of acrylics. Think of this as a KISS acrylic nail kit how-to guide, where we’ll share our tips and tricks to ensure your nails last all night long.
How to put on KISS acrylic nails
After you’ve selected your DIY nail kit from our online store, it’s time to prep your natural nails to ensure a more straightforward application process. In our collection, we provide you with options such as adhesive glue and tabs so you can pick a method that works best for you. Let’s take you through the steps so you know how to put on KISS acrylic nails with our extensive range.
Prep your nails
Whether you use adhesive tabs or glue, you need to complete this first step every time.
Before you apply your acrylic nails, wipe off any nail polish or gel from your nail bed and make sure you wash your hands with soap and water, drying off any excess water in your nail bed. This will make for easy application of your acrylics.
File your natural nail to ensure it's the right length and shape for your new set. Then select the correct size nail for each finger and set it aside. Our acrylics are sized by number, noted underneath the nail, so bear this in mind.
Adhesive tab application steps:
- Apply the adhesive tab to your natural nail, press down, smooth and then peel off the plastic film.
- Align the acrylic nail with your cuticle and press down firmly, starting in the middle, then on each side.
- To remove your set, apply nail polish remover around the edges, wait one minute and gently remove the nail from both sides.
Top tip: For the best wear, press the acrylic nails down several times and avoid contact with water for the first hour.
Glue application steps:
- Apply the adhesive glue to the back of the artificial acrylic nail.
- Then, apply the glue directly to your natural nails.
- Align with the cuticle, gently press on and hold for 5 seconds.
- To remove, trim and file the surface to disrupt the protective topcoat. Soak your nails in acetone nail polish remover until soft. Then, you can wipe off the softened nails and glue. Make sure you don’t force or pull the nails off, as this can damage your natural nail.
Top tip: Apply enough glue to avoid air pockets, which also secures adhesion and extends the wear so your nails last longer.
Press on nail application — no glue or tabs necessary
- Before your application, you need to align the acrylic press-on nails with the tab sides facing your cuticle. Then find the correct size for each nail. Make sure to jot down the number located on the tab on each nail, with one being the largest and 11 being the smallest. If you’re in between sizes, go smaller, not larger.
- Start your prep by washing your hands with soap and water and drying with a towel. Next, you need to use the included cuticle stick to push back any excess skin. Then wipe your nails with the enclosed prep pad, as this cleans your nails for better application. You could use rubbing alcohol in place of or in addition to the prep pad.
- It’s time to apply your press-on nails! Simply peel the backing from the nail and press it down in the centre of your natural nail. Make sure to hold both sides down at the same time. Do this for 30 seconds.
Please be aware that if there is exposed adhesive, make sure to brush clear nail polish between your nail and the press on.
Top tip: Wait at least an hour to wet your hands or file your nails if desired.
How long does a KISS acrylic nail kit last?
If you select our imPRESS press-on nail kits, they aren’t reusable, so they can only be worn once. They were created to be extremely flexible, providing a comfortable fit that appears natural. Therefore, when removed, they become distorted and cannot be reapplied.
As for our other acrylic nail kits, you can wear them several times.
If you do opt for any of our KISS acrylic nail kits, they were designed to be durable and long-lasting, so you can wear them day and night without fearing they’ll break during a special event or day out with the girls.
DIY nails never gets easier when you shop at Key Sun Laboratories
Bring the salon home with our KISS collection at Key Sun Laboratories. Established in 1997, Key Sun Laboratories is an Australian owned distributor of beauty, cosmetics, health and personal care products. We source and develop brands that focus on quality and innovation and love our KISS products as much as our customers. We want you to be KISS confident and express your individual style and beauty with high-quality DIY products at affordable prices.
With our helpful guide on applying KISS acrylic nails, you can now create the perfect set without ever having to leave your home!